Thursday, September 8, 2011

Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup

The other day I was craving some soup, and I had some potatoes left over from my Creamy Mashed Potatoes recipe, so Loaded Baked Potato Soup just seemed to hit the spot. I was very hungry though, and had a million things to do, so I needed something fast though. I flipped through my recipe binder and found this quick and easy soup from Kraft Foods.

Now please note this is not the best ever Loaded Baked Potato Soup I have ever had, but it was quick and easy, and it wasn't too bad. I did add in some more seasonings because it was a little bland.

I was debating on posting this recipe because it is made in the microwave, but since we are keeping it real around here, I figured microwavable recipes needed to be included as well. I am even going to add a tag for future microwavable (aka lazy) recipes.

Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serves 3 - 4 soup bowls


Photobucket

Ingredients:

-- 1 lb. baking potatoes (about 2), cubed
-- 1 can  (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
-- 1 cup milk (I use skim milk) 
-- 3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided (I used turkey bacon)
-- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
-- 1 green onion sliced, divided (I forgot to add in, but go for it)
-- 1/4 cup sour cream (I used light)
-- Salt and pepper to taste (my addition)
-- Kansas City Steak Seasoning (my addition, love this on potatoes for some reason!)

Directions:

Microwave potatoes in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 5 min., stirring after 2-1/2 min. Stir in broth and milk. Microwave 10 min., stirring after 5 min. Carefully crush potatoes with potato masher. Please note I then had to microwave again for a few more minutes. The potatoes still seemed a little too hard for my liking.

Reserve 2 Tbsp. each bacon and cheese and 1 Tbsp. onions for topping. Stir remaining bacon, cheese and onions into soup. Add salt, pepper and any seasonings to taste.

Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment