Thursday, September 1, 2011

Marinated Tomato Salad

I was so excited to watch the Pioneer Woman's new show last Saturday on Food Network. When I saw her making this tomato salad, I just had to make it because is was so bright and cheery and beautiful.

Now I am not a huge tomato fan. I do like them some, so I did halve this recipe because I wasn't sure how much I could eat at one time. It was very fresh and colorful and would be wonderful to take to a picnic. You do need to marniate it for a could of hours to allow the flavors to merge together, but for me it only stayed fresh for a couple of days after that. You really need to make small batches so you can make sure to eat it fresh.

If you love tomatoes, I highly suggest you try this salad. Or if you want to impress your friends, make it for your next potluck.

Marinated Tomato Salad
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman - Food Network

Photobucket
Ingredients:

  • 6 to 8 ripe tomatoes

  • 4 green onions

  • 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil

  • 3 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar

  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

  • Handful fresh parsley leaves, lightly chopped

  • 12 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade



  • Photobucket

    Directions:
    Cut the tomatoes into 4 wedges, then cut the wedges in half and add to a bowl. Lop off the tops of the green onions, then slice the white and mostly light green parts really thin. Add to the tomatoes.

    Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, dash of salt and pepper to a jar. Screw on the lid and shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and toss.

    Add the herbs and gently toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving

    No comments:

    Post a Comment