Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Homemade Applesauce

I love making homemade applesauce. It's so very easy and a great way to use up extra apples. The brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg make it so sweet and it’s even better when served warm. Enjoy!


Homemade Applesauce

Ingredients
-- 4 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into pieces
-- 1/2 cup of water
-- 1/4 cup brown sugar
-- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
-- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
Bring water and apples to a boil. Simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally to break up the apples. Then stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 min. Then take off the heat and let cool slightly. This is best when enjoyed warm.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...perfect timing!!!! My dad just send me a TON of apples from Indiana (from my favorite little apple orchard up there), and there is no way I can eat them all before they go bad. Thanks to you...problem solved!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete