Sunday, August 29, 2010

Skinnygirl Mojito

Saturday evening, I had a good friend over to watch a movie, and we tried these Skinnygirl Mojito's from Bethenny's book The Skinnygirl Dish. They were very good, but very strong. If you don't like them strong, I would recommend adding more soda (they are about half liquor/half soda).

Image from Bethenny's website

Skinnygirl Mojito

Ingredients:
-- 2 tbsp. fresh mint
-- 1/2 lime cut into 6 wedges
-- 1 cup ice
-- 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
-- 1/2 tsp. gently warmed honey
-- 2 oz. clear rum
-- 4 oz. club soda (I used diet 7-up)
-- mint and lime for garnish

Directions:
In a martini shaker, use a long spoon to muddle the fresh mint (tear into smaller pieces first to release the flavor) and the 1/2 lime cut into 6 wedges. Add 1 cup ice and 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice. Combine 1/2 tsp. gently warmed honey, 2 oz. clear rum and 4 oz. club soda. Add this combination to muddled mixture. Stir until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with mint and lime.

2 comments:

  1. Popping by from Mingle Monday and I was scrolling through all of your most recent posts. I saw this and I'm definitely flagging it to try (and I'm probably going to check out that Guilt-Free Spinach & Artichoke dip!)

    Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete