Chicken Cacciatore with Spaghetti Squash
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cups of sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 tbsp low-sodium tomato paste
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 lb spaghetti squash (2-3 large squash)
- 6 tbsp grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375.
Sprinkle salt and black pepper on all sides of the chicken and then cut into bite-sized cubes (about 1 inch).
To a greased baking dish mix all ingredients except the spaghetti squash and the cheese. Bake at 375 for about 25 mins or until the chicken is cooked. While this is baking, pierce your spaghetti squash a couple of time with a fork and cook (1 at a time) in the microwave for about 8 mins. Then cut the squash in two and scrape with a fork to remove in strands and be sure to remove the seeds.
To serve, put some spaghetti squash on a plate and top with the chicken mixture and a little cheese. Enjoy!