Pasta with Peas, Bacon and Ricotta
- 1 pound pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas (or whatever frozen vegetable you have)
- 1/2 cup of chopped/cooked bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes (or according to the directions on the package). Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
Transfer the hot pasta to a large bowl and add the ricotta cheese. Toss to combine.
Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the frozen peas, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute for 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and continue cooking until tender, about 4 more minutes. Add the pasta with ricotta to the pan with the peas and toss to combine. I then added in the cooked bacon pieces and sprinkled some red pepper flakes to taste. Enjoy!